Palathalikalu (పాలతాలికలు, பலடளிகலு, पलतालिकलू) palathalikalu is a speacilised payasam dish in andhra pradesh, it is a sweet dish made during Sankranthi in some parts of Andhra Pradesh and for vinayaka chavathi too in AndhraPradesh, India. It is very delicious and easily slips through the throat giving a heavenly taste. Aka pammulu payasam is a milk pudding with rice dough strings shaped in small snake like shapes hence the name. It is a dessert from the Guntur region in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 35 minutes | Take it as prasadam | Type sweet | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup) :
Calories ( 250.5Kcals) ,Carbohydrates ( 30g) ,Protein ( 1g), Fat ( 2.8g)
- Milk 1 litre
- Jaggery 250 gm
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Sago 50 gms
- Rice 250 gms
- Cashews 50 gms
- Ghee 6 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Soak rice in water overnight and grind to a flour the next day.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Add cashew nuts, fry and set aside.
- Mix jaggery with 1/2 cup of water in a vessel and boil.
- When the jaggery dissolves in water, keep it aside.
- Mix rice flour, a little jaggery, salt, hot milk in a bowl to a dough and set aside.
- Boil milk with a cup of water in a vessel and add sago and cook so that sago becomes translucent.
- Place the dough in a ( chickli press) and press the contents in to the milk.
- Cook on a low flame for a few minutes and remove the vessel from the stove.
- Add ghee, the jaggery water, cashews, cardamom powder and mix well serve as such or with some dosa’s
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Mango Palatalikalu 2. Pappu palatalikalu.3. Grated cocontu palatalikalu. 4. Palatalikalu with sugar